- Transformer balanced microphone input
- High Impedence 1M unbalanced Direct Input for Guitar , Bass , Keyboards or line level signals etc.
- Fully balanced and unbalanced XLR and phono inputs and outputs
- A variable ‘ pad/gain ‘ control that changes the colour of the signal as well as acting as a pad or gain control increasing overall sonic flexibility
- Quality 12AT7/ecc81 Valve running on a High Voltage rail providing steller musical signal amplification and enhancement
- 40Hz to 400Hz variable High Pass Filter for removal of unwanted lower frequencies without signal annomalies
- 180 degree mic input phase reversal switch
- +48VDC Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Output level control for transparent control of the final output signal
- Wide swing and internally calibrated accurate VU metering
- Wide Bandwidth and Low Noise quality Class A circuitry
- Quality switches , potentiometers and components used throughout
The AXIS 200VU high performance Valve Microphone Preamplifier has been designed to give the Professional and Home recording Engineer a High Quality Valve Microphone and Direct Input Preamplifier at a reasonable cost.Great care has been taken in circuit layout and design to create not only an accurate and transperent sonic tool but one that can also overdrive with symmetry and subtly dynamically control or ‘compress’ the input signal in a manner which is musical and close to the operation of the human ear.
As is common knowledge , Valves are distinctly different to Transistors and Intergrated Circuits in the sense that they have a unique operating region that does not terminate in an abrupt brick wall as Solid State Technology does.It is in this region that the valve expresses most of its harmonic qualities.Operating in a clean or transperent manner is also possible when the gain of the valve is dialed right back and degress of negative feedback are introduced to increase linearity and bandwidth.
The AXIS 200VU presents you with not only a practical and neutral audio amplifying device but one that can provide an enhancement of the audio signal only achieved through equipment costing many thousands of dollars more.Standing on the shoulders of the VMP series , the AXIS preamp provides yet another sonic pallet for the engineer or producer who endevours to turn the recording process into an artform. There are no chips in the audio path which means , above all else , the unit is very difficult to damage with an incorrect interface. Chips , or intergrated circuits , are often a weak point in consumer-level hybrid valve designs because they fail easily when overloaded.This is not the case with the AXIS preamp , being a true valve design , it is free of such failings and is ruggedly dependable.
|Maximum gain (mic input) :||+68 db|
|Maximum gain (direct input) :||+62 db|
|Maximum input (mic input) :||+6 dbu|
|Maximum input (direct input) :||+12 dbu|
|Maximum output :||+30 dbu|
|Frequency Response :||20hz to 90khz +/- 2db|
|Dimensions :||482mm x 190mm x 88m|
|Power :||Externally switchable 110/120/220/240 VAC for global useage.|
|Build :||Chassis is 1.2mm mild steel powder coated 'Textured Black'. Front Panel is 2.5mm mild steel powder coated 'Transformer Grey'. Single sided printed circuit boards.|
|Topology :||Topology is all discrete and Class A Valve and Solid State signal path running on +300V and +60V rails respectively.|
|Circuitry :||Class A Discrete and low noise. Dual Triode 12AT7/ecc81 and High Voltage Silicon Transistors.|
Back to top ˆ